Thursday 19 April 2012

and the Word of Allah came to me: Shout these words at Washington

THE SECOND BOOK OF JEREMIAH (Chronicles of the Prophet)
0556...CHAPTER FOUR
and the Word of Allah came to me:
Shout these words at Washington:
Mind when we were at love
in this milk and honey land,
face to face!  Why do you shove
away still, as I still stand –
have you found adultery in me?
Can your judges’ and politicians’
ignorance husband you, or see
my law?  Can the transgressions
of your pastors embriden you?
Or, are you now twice-divorced:
first turning off the vortex fountain to
all affection, then carrying water forced
into a sieve?  You find no drink
or goodness there!  Evil and bitter
is such emptiness, yet you think
polluted waters are much fitter
drink than mine? Mind! how I broke
your bond to self-made gods and death!
Why do you seek, oh, why do you yoke
to stone and steel that has no breath?
See how polluted waters have polluted you –
you deny you are unclean?  Why
do you wash and scrub if not to
hide your shame?  And tho they try,
your home-made gods of stone and stick
shall ne’er astonish earth nor heaven,
nor ever learn such grand new trick
where panther will its spots unleaven!
Alas!  I’ve spanked you so in vain
-- you have accepted no correction –
alas, alone I’ve borne the pain
as you make bloody my every mission.

Shall I then take you bride again!!??

Copyright ©1974, 2012 K’lakokum 
[Jeremiah, the second witness to Jerusalem]


No comments:

Post a Comment